I recognize that marriage is basically two people running a very small, very chaotic nonprofit… with zero funding… and at least one person who has opinions about the thermostat.
I used to think love was grand gestures and anniversaries and holding hands on beaches. Turns out love is:
• finding your partner’s phone for the 11th time today,
• pretending not to notice when they clean the dishes wrong,
• and making coffee so repeatedly disappointing it becomes a third character in your marriage.
Erin doesn’t want perfection. She wants presence. Attention.
A man who hears her say “I’m fine” and knows that is a code requiring immediate snacks.
Marriage isn’t glamour.
It’s choosing each other on the days you don’t even like yourself.
And thank God —
she keeps choosing me.
Every day, she teaches me how to choose back.
“And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.”
-Colossians 3:14
Comments