Yesterday, I saw a kite in a tree.
Not flying. Not soaring. Just… hanging there like it lost a bet with the wind.
Wrapped in branches like it owed the tree money.
It wasn’t new. This kite had history.
Faded colors.
Knots that felt personal.
Rips that said, this didn’t happen all at once.
It looked like it had been there for years.
I stood there thinking, that’s me.
Not the flying part. I’m humble now.
The stuck part.
The part where you adjust to the branches.
Where you stop pulling.
Where “temporary” quietly becomes your whole life.
You don’t crash. You don’t break.
You just… stay.
This morning, I walked by again with Rosie.
Same tree. No kite.
Gone.
No drama. No rescue crew or evidence.
Just… free.
And I thought…
that’s not how this works.
Things that are stuck don’t just leave.
Except…maybe they do.
Because that kite didn’t have roots.
It had knots. And knots… come undone.
Not always loud or at once.
Just a little give.
A little wind.
One quiet shift no one sees.
Until suddenly…
you’re not there anymore.
So if you feel like you’re in the tree…
like you’ve been stuck so long
you’ve started calling it who you are…
You are not rooted. You are tangled.
And tangled is temporary.
One day…no warning, no speech…God will help you be free from the thing that held you.
And you’ll feel it before you say it…
not the stuck version…
not the one that stayed…
the one that left. That’s me. ❤️
Comments